Monday, October 22, 2012

Long Stay Lip Love

Lately, Ive been loading on the color on my lips. Maybe its growing older into adult hood, or maybe its just a phase. Im not exactly sure of the unitary standard, but I do know that I absolutely LOVE it. 

However, upon entering my new era of pout palettes, I noticed how dry and vulnerable it made my lips. Why in the world would I want to bring attention to my lips when they are crackled and morbid? After doing a few lips masques (which I shall share later), I came to the conclusion that I needed an affordable, every day stain that would alleviate me from reapplying and irritating my lips. 

I decided to pick up Maybelline's Super Stay Stain Gloss in Cool Coral. I went coral for a few reasons;  One, being that I have pink under tones in my skin and coral reduces the emphases of my Irish attributes (as opposed to a true pink);  Two, its great for every day wear,  andddd Ive just been loving the color all summer. 

At first glance, I didnt and still do not understand the design to the lip wand that Maybelline uses for the stain. But, it didnt make a difference to the application of color. The color was calmer than I thought it would be. Its always hard to predict what itll look like inside of the bottle. Upon application, I noticed that it smelled like bubble gum and berries (who wouldnt like that smell) and dried evenly even though i added more color to my bottom lip than top (always a bonus). So far, ive had two cups of coffee (ready to destroy some contracts), breakfast, a snack..and my lips haven't dampened. ANNDDD they are still hydrated. YESS! For under ten bucks, Id definitely say this product does what its supposed to do. Another recommendation from me to you :). Ill be trying out bold red next! 




No comments:

Post a Comment