Friday, January 27, 2012

Oh, The Marvels of Mascara...

Two Items that we both have agreed we could not live without are chapstick and MASCARA.


Mascara can easily make or break a fresh faced look. However, why is it that the perfect mascara for our eyes has yet to be found?
Check out our favorite lash go to reviews:
1. 
Too Faced Size Queen (Sephora, $21)
     Tee: I love this mascara mainly because it makes my lashes look natural. It never hardens no matter how many layers I put on, its dark and thick but appears light and and airy. Size queen provides a full look as well as elongated my lashes at the same time, which I find to be a combo rarity. Things to look out for: The wand on this bad boy is HUGE. Im talking HUGE. It will take some time to learn how to apply this mascara on your lashes. This may  not be the best fit for those of you will short or thin lashes. However, for those of you with lashes that resemble mine, it is impossible to catch the spider syndrome with this mascara. I love using Size Queen with just a loose powder on my face. I let the lashes do all the talkin'. 
Size Queen used in picture. 
2. 
Too Faced LashGasm (Sephora, $21)
      Tee: LashGasm is my go to when im experiencing stubborn lashes. The wand is tiny and detailed. This is PERFECT for exposing every bottom lash. The mascara is gentle and super black! Things to look out for: May slightly harden lashes. 
3. 
Christian Dior DiorShow (Sephora, $24.50)
     Ash: This mascara is my all time favorite.  It never makes my lashes hard, but curls and adds length and volume to my rather spares lashes.  It's super hard to get my lashes to curl, but this mascara effortlessly makes my lashes look amazing! Downside: Expensive, but worth it!
4. Urban Decay Skyscraper (Sephora, $20)
     Ash: This mascara has a great brush for definition.  I use it in combination with Falsies to prevent my eyes from getting that spidery look.  It works great for bottom lashes, and defines top lashes.  Downside: Hardens lashes. 
5. Maybelline Falsies (Drugstores, $6)
We can't always afford to indulge ourselves with a $20 or $30 tube of mascara, so this is what we use in combination with our favorites, or just to get us through a tight squeeze.  


*It should be noted that that in case of emergencies (when we know we are being photographed or going out) we opt for luscious lashes. Yes, this may require a bit of spider syndrome- long, hardened lashes. For this look, I often refer to Maybeline's Define A Lash and double extension lash by L'Oreal. We first prime our eyes with double extension, then use the mascara side of the tube. Ill top it off with define a lash to get those last little centimeters I need to pull off a showcased look. 
Reasons we dont use Define A Lash alone: The first few weeks of this baby are brutal! The mascara is thick, watery, and literally paints on ALL over our eyes! Yes, terrible. However, if you can withstand those first few weeks define a lash turns out all right. It may not provide you with the fullest set of eye strands, but it definitely elongates each strand-in time. 
wearing Define-A-Lash and Double Extension

No comments:

Post a Comment