Thursday, January 19, 2012

twin tints

Two tones of color on your nails are twice as nice! Bored with the endless drone of manicures that are out there, we opted to try something different.  As much as we love layering clothing, we thought - hey, why not try this with our darling digits?


Feel free to get creative with the color combos - I'm already anticipating my next amalgamation. 
1. Start with a clean, polish free set of nails.  
2. Paint two thin coats of black polish.  (Or the darker color - not necessarily black!).  I used a Sally Hansen color called Black Out, which I conveniently removed the label for, so I have no way of telling you which type it is. 
3. Let this coat dry COMPLETELY.  Don't get antsy, or you will end up with mixed polish! I recommend painting this first color with Essie's Good To Go - It helps set the polish much more quickly.  
4. Next, paint your top color, but leave an edge around this second color by painting a smaller space - this gives the illusion of a line around the color, without having to paint the line!  I was sick of seeing dark colors on my nails from winter, so I opted for a vibrant Matte Green 1 from Urban Outfitters' polish line. Allow to dry. 
5.  Paint a top coat - I used my Essie a second time here.  (I didn't want the color to be Matte, so I made sure I used a top coat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment